Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wharton essay

Wharton essay

wharton essay

Wharton essays for the application cycle Essay 1: What do you hope to gain professionally from the Wharton MBA? ( words) Essay 2: Taking into consideration your background – personal, professional, and/or academic – how do you plan to make Jun 29,  · Wharton looks for solid academics and quant skills. So, your essay could address a low GPA or GMAT, gaps in your resume, or grades under a C in any quantitative course. Another relevant issue could be disciplinary action in undergrad. Start by explaining the issue clearly and succinctly Jun 28,  · Wharton’s first question is straightforward, asking you to connect a persuasive career vision to how the Wharton MBA positions you to achieve your greatest aspirations. Wharton admissions officers want assurance that you can create a viable path to follow; understanding that while the actual industry and functions are variable, you should enter the



Real Wharton MBA essay examples by ARINGO clients



The following essays were written by ARINGO candidates who got accepted to Wharton Business School MBA program over the past few years. Read these Wharton MBA Essay examples to get a sense of what they are looking for at Wharton Business School. Contact ARINGO for help with your Wharton MBA essays! Hockey has been my passion since the age of I wharton essay for my school and I still lead pickup hockey games on the weekends, wharton essay. In my overseas travels, I have also found that hockey can be the common language of the world, wharton essay. One example of this was during the time I spent at University in Seoul, Korea. As soon as I got there, wharton essay, I of course went looking for someplace to play hockey.


I discovered a foreign student team that plays against other departments. I decided to try it out, even though I was very nervous about playing in a strange land. In the first practice, I led my team for a straight win, scoring two of the goals, wharton essay. It was incredibly flattering. There was one big problem though: most of the players spoke Japanese or Chinese, so our mutual language was only Korean. Since I had just gotten to Korea, my Korean was not yet fluent. I began my role as a coach, but at first, wharton essay, the language barrier put a great distance between me and the players. I could see the potential of the team, and I knew wharton essay experience would help me a lot.


To overcome language and attitude barriers, I prepared very challenging and fun practices. I wanted everyone to feel a part of a serious team, wharton essay. I also arranged for a new team outfit and we started to look like one unit. After a couple of practices, the players began to show commitment and excitement, wharton essay, and my confidence was building. I especially remember the semi-final game. It was the second half, we were wharton essay, and the team was starting to not believe in itself anymore. I took my last time out and with my poor Korean, gave them the motivational performance of my life. I showed them how wet my shirt was and all my bruises. I was a leader at the head of his team who was about to lead his group to the final struggle, I loved it.


In a click of a second, I saw in their eyes that we were going to make it. We came back from the time-out and they fought like lions. I remember a certain player that missed all his hits in the game. He had an open shot. It was our game from then onwards, and the final score was a two-point win. Using creativity and the language of hockey, I had the experience of overcoming linguistic and cultural barriers. The problem has been known in the company for years, but was never resolved. I led and supervised 21 employees, coordinated the work of 40 people, and 2 weeks later implemented a solution. During the initial discussion with him and 5 senior managers, I suggested the methodology for solving the problem, wharton essay.


I presented the feasibility of the proposed solution and an initial estimate of the costs, and operational implications. When can you deliver? However, I felt our suggested solution was operationally premature. Despite estimates that we need to come up with a solution within 2 weeks, I wharton essay for 2 more weeks to conduct trials. I explained that the financial consequences of failure would be tremendous and that we must also ensure we provide a consistent solution, wharton essay. Ultimately, they approved the trials. I presented the issues, emphasized the significance of the business opportunity, and defined a timetable, wharton essay.


I also asked the Marketing VP to evaluate the magnitude of the problem in other markets. His report revealed more opportunities that solving the problem will create, wharton essay. This required my direct wharton essay with 5 marketing people operating in more than 50 countries, 3 application managers, and our China production facility. I led the coordination of the full-scale trial with senior management, the marketing and wharton essay departments, and application managers. During production, I supervised the work of 17 employees. I felt very proud. A shipment was sent to the customer for re-evaluation and received his approval. This was the first time in my 3 years at my company that a process was successfully changed on the first try.


However, not everybody embraced the solution. After several weeks of discussions, wharton essay, I persuaded him this was the only way. By resolving a problem that existed for 4 years, I also affected customers all over the world. I chose to share this experience because I feel it highlights several leadership aspects, wharton essay. Solving the problem required me to lead a wide variety of people wharton essay my country and abroad, wharton essay. Most importantly, this project required me to present a new vision and convince others to adopt it. Striving to promote myself within the organization, I wish to become wharton essay Vice President of Marketing in the fiber optics segment, wharton essay, supervising several dozens of employees.


My mid-term goal is to become the founder and CEO of an innovative fiber optics firm, wharton essay. I desire to position the company as a profitable, international, and leading company in its industry and aspire to establish a sustainable organization, creating workplaces for thousands of employees and turning an underdeveloped area into a flourishing industrial zone, wharton essay. After fulfilling this goal, I intend to follow the growing trend of successful executives who moved to the public service sector. I chose my first full time position in the Optronics Division at the military because I knew it will introduce me to the diverse optical communication community in my country, equipping me with basic hands-on experience in the field.


There I set the goals, supervised and directed 9 Project Mangers in optical projects performed by 7 different companies in the defense industry. One year later I was appointed to a Team Leader where I commanded a team of 8. Two years later I was promoted to Project Leader. I understood I lacked the financial and international experience of technological project management to lead a global optical communication company. I, therefore, became a Project Leader in a classified unit of the PMO. While considering studying for a Ph. I then became an Entrepreneur in Residence EIR in Precede, entrepreneurship, and investment firm, in the hope to learn more wharton essay becoming an entrepreneur.


Working in Precede, I matured in my understanding. I realized I still lack some Finance, Marketing, and Wharton essay Management foundations, which an MBA will enable me to develop, wharton essay. The finance and marketing foundations will compensate for my inexperience in these fields. I believe an MBA is the most structural way to learn how wharton essay build organizational values, culture, and design organizational structure and hierarchy. Moreover, most of my leadership experience was developed in governmental organizations, where a leader is defined in terms of his values, interpersonal skills, and professionalism, wharton essay.


However, looking into the future, I will need to lead wharton essay the private sector where leadership is also characterized by the talent to lead corporate players in global, competitive markets and an understanding of the cultural, economical, and financial forces that drive the marketplace. Hence, I believe studying by the researchers of the Center of Leadership and Change Development like Prof. Kaplan who composed Framing the Future will help me build and lead a high-performance optical communication firm, wharton essay. My wharton essay is mainly based on large and established organizations. Hence, wharton essay, learning from Prof. Dushnitsky on the various dimensions of new venture creation and growth in Entrepreneurship will show me his perspective on the trail I wish to follow as a founder.


Desiring to build a sustainable company, I am looking forward to taking Strategy and Competitive Advantage, where I hope to learn how to create and maintain such an advantage. In a world that is growing ever flatter, I find international exposure and experience important for the wharton essay company I wish to found. The Multinational Management major courses, such as Global Strategic Management, and participation in the Global Immersion Program will prove valuable in helping me understand other cultures which will be important when penetrating new markets. This international exposure will wharton essay my ability to establish contacts with other nations, hence supporting my longer-term career goal of rejoining the PMO, wharton essay.


The exciting opportunity to participate in school management wharton essay contribute to the fruitful interaction between wharton essay and faculty. I plan to take part in the leadership development activities and the various student clubs to create strong friendships, wharton essay. These connections, wharton essay, combined with the great global alumni community, can be especially relevant as an ecosystem for the company I plan to start and for recruiting its management backbone. Describe a setback or a failure that you have experienced. What role did you play, and what did you learn about yourself? In my 2nd year in university, my 2 study partners and I were all working for software wharton essay. We frequently discussed ways to make quantum career leaps.


One that fascinated us was starting our own company. One day we came up with an idea that would increase sales for consumer goods retailers and simultaneously decrease monthly consumer expenses. Each day, we polished wharton essay idea together for a couple of hours. After 2 weeks, I decided to get outside feedback. I looked for people who had at least 10 years experience in consumer goods. Finally, wharton essay, I convinced a friend, to connect me with a board member of the 3rd largest consumer goods retailer in my country. I presented our business model to the board member, and he instructed his right hand to set us meetings with managers who could evaluate our plans.


Over the next month, we went to one meeting after another. The responses varied from enthusiasm to skepticism. Each time, we improved our presentation according to the feedback.




Tips for Writing Impactful Admissions Essays - Wharton EMBA

, time: 16:48





Wharton MBA Essay Examples - Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting


wharton essay

Jun 28,  · Wharton’s first question is straightforward, asking you to connect a persuasive career vision to how the Wharton MBA positions you to achieve your greatest aspirations. Wharton admissions officers want assurance that you can create a viable path to follow; understanding that while the actual industry and functions are variable, you should enter the When announcing this new essay for the next admissions season, Wharton Director of Admissions, Blair Mannix, said, “Our main goal is to get to know you the best that we can, and the change to our second prompt was largely motivated by that desire. We hope to give applicants room to reflect on their unique backgrounds and think about what their value-add will be to the Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins Essay 2: Essay 2: Taking into consideration your background – personal, professional, and/or academic – how do you plan to make specific, meaningful contributions to the Wharton community? ( words) Required Essay for all Reapplicants: Please use this space to share with the Admissions Committee how you have reflected and grown since your previous

No comments:

Post a Comment